Saturday, December 01, 2007

welcome, december

...you're beautiful in your way.

The past few days have been really nice. They have involved:

  • Cookies
  • Quiet music while lying on the floor with two other people, looking into the Christmas lights hanging over the window
  • Weather finally supporting the use of long underwear
  • Sleeping in
  • Talk about boys
  • Painful nostalgia tempered by soft blankets, hot tea, and a rational mind
  • Tofu soup (upon which I may be growing increasingly dependent) at the Snail with 3 wonderful girls
  • Third World Cafe
  • An amusing conversation about Mormonism
  • Dances--most notably Kate Bush's perturbed-fairy dance in the "Wuthering Heights" music video
And a reunion with a song that takes me back to 13 and daydreams of pagan Celts dancing around a bonfire. I speak, obviously, of this song.

I think, if I believed in reincarnation, I would suspect that I existed about 2,000 years ago, had red hair, and spent a decent amount of time walking along the rocks that border Ireland's Atlantic coast.

1 comment:

Marla ji said...

Long underwear will not be leaving my legs until the first flower bursts next year.