Friday, November 30, 2007

Winter Break Reading List*

1. The Golden Compass, by Philip Pullman (so U. still loves me, and so I can see the movie)
2. Ender's Game, by Orson Scott Card (so I can communicate with half the people at UChicago)
3. Rabbit, Run, by John Updike (so A. can finally talk about it with someone)
4. something by Nietzsche

Maybe:

1. Guns, Germs, and Steel, by Jared Diamond (Dad X-mas gift?)
2. something by Jane Austen or otherwise Victorian, romantic, and unrealistic

Currently reading:
  • The Namesake, by Jhumpa Lahiri
  • The Origin of Humankind, by Richard Leakey (which is really not as weighty as it sounds)
*subject to additions and alterations

I might major in anthropology. Surprise, life!

2 comments:

Marla ji said...

I was thinking about reading Guns, Germs, and Steel this winter break, too. Recommend something to me... anything! I'm having trouble deciding which books to start (since I read very little for pleasure during the school year, I'm trying to make the books I read during break GOOD).

Upekha said...

I would sooo totally still love you if you did not read Golden Compass. But it will make you an infinitely happier person. And since we have already established that we were the same 11 year old. You will understand why I fell in love with it.