Monday, December 03, 2007

Oh bio, oh my-o

For whatever reason, I'm just ridiculously tired. Tomorrow night I'll be done with exams--I have Bio in the morning, and then I have to finish my last Environmental Studies assignment. Hindi and International Studies are now neatly packed away for the next month.

Here are some things I learned in Biological Issues and Paradigms this quarter:

  • I like biology
  • We eat the whole cake because we're evolutionarily programmed to eat the whole cake. If Homo erectus successfully tracked down a cake, you'd better believe he'd eat the whole effing thing. Who knows when you'll get your next cake?
  • Boat-tailed grackles are becoming less and less efficient fliers because the ladies think the less efficient tails are hot
  • Now = fingernail. Then = claw
  • Ruminants have a farm of protozoans and bacteria to digest their food for them--talk about badass
  • The original food pyramid was manufactured by a bunch of ignorant bureaucrats for a bunch of ignorant U.S. citizens
  • Ancient whales were really seriously hardcore
  • Charles Darwin was a college dropout who was put aboard the U.S.S. Beagle to hang out and drink with the captain
Yep, I think that's about all I need to know for tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.