Saturday, December 01, 2007

Fire and Ice

It started snowing early this afternoon. Now, the world outside is turning to ice. Everything is crispy and shiny with the orange of street lights. It makes me remember why I like winter. And wonder whether or not I was born on a day covered in snow, or ice, or whether it was just gray and dark.

Yesterday I watched "Match Point", and this is what I liked about it:

1) The character that is supposed to be sexy and smoldering and detached and exciting eventually descends into someone needy and whiny and inconvenient (understandably so). Anyway, this displays that sexy detached excitement is a pretense and that underneath it, everyone is really someone who pays electricity bills and wants to sleep soundly. Treat lightly the first impression.
2) The climactic moment that makes you go "Ooooh" gives you completely the wrong idea before the end.
3) It leaves you unsatisfied in exactly the way you're supposed to be unsatisfied--this is how it makes its point.

1 comment:

Connie said...

you... uh, want to do IS today? i've done one outline, and i'm crying about the other one. hehehe. let me know <3