Wednesday, December 05, 2007

paleowhatever

I don't like nights like this.

I have the kind of Lonely that's much worse than being literally alone. I wish I could do the whole "No one knows what I feel!" thing, but I'm sure plenty of people know how I feel. I could blame it on my distant or recent past, but that wouldn't be very nice as my collective Pasts weren't supposed to work out.

I've been reading a lot of paleoanthropology/evolutionary stuff as of late, and when you do that, you start to think of everything as pretty deromanticized and scientific. Like sex, which is just the propagation of the species (even the fun in sex has its evolutionary reasons). Kissing is just our courtship behavioral ritual. Jealousy is perceiving and reacting toward a threat of your mate being taken away (whom you need to propagate your species, obviously).

Still doesn't stop the Lonely. I blame that on culture.

No comments: