Wednesday, January 14, 2009

productivity and finding it in corners.

Today, after going back and forth for two weeks with cover letters and scheduling phone times, I have finally secured an internship position doing research with an non-profit environmental organization downtown. Next Wednesday I'm going in to scope the place out and hopefully get my first "project." And meet the people. And pick up my handy dandy "research kit."

I found my way into this organization through the university's handy dandy career networking and resources website, where you can arrange to have your resume sent to different organizations advertising positions... I cringed when T. told me about it, but did it anyway. Anyway, it was extraordinarily easy and now I have an internship and that is productive.

On the other hand, I have finished none of my readings for tomorrow (although I have been enjoying a few of them, like the one about the Peloponnesian War or Gogol) and I watched a Grey's Anatomy episode with A. tonight. One I'd already seen, even. Not so productive.

Due to my seniority, I got "promoted" at work to the less horrible position of checking things in and doing lots of tasks less repetitive than shelving. Productive.

I took the day off of work today to read and mostly danced around and then put a braid in my hair. Not productive.

I am restless, but happy. Productive. Also, important.

No comments: