Sunday, January 11, 2009

on again, on again

Two glasses of wine at dinner led to a mysterious bottle of whiskey led to the finishing of the whiskey led to party one led to cranberry-vodka and sitting on the kitchen floor with Connie and T. led to party two led to "dirty girl scout" led to A.'s apartment led to pictures in tights led to a walk home I don't remember and a very long day today--such alcohol consumption can only happen a few nights a year, last night was one of those.

I believe the evening is best encapsulated in A.'s and my text communication:

A: Come to our party!! (12:36am)
A: This party is we are drunk (12:55am)
Me: i am coming? will you still be tjhere in 29 mins (12:57am)
A: um i dunno i don't know (12:58am)
Me: well DECIDE or else i wont come (12:59am)
A: Come over it's fun please please. Don't even think about it (1:00am)
Me: ok STAY THERE (1:01am)

Hmm, yes. This quarter is on.

Because I'm insane, I'm getting up at 5:30am tomorrow morning to participate in Kuviasungnerk/Kangeiko, a UChicago winter festival celebrated with freezing early morning yoga. I get a free shirt at the end.

So night.

3 comments:

Audrey said...

AHHHHHHHHH hahahahaha that is very embarrassing

Anonymous said...

Hi Claire -- Did you make it to Kuviasungnerk/Kangeiko this morning? If so, would you have a few minutes to chat? I'm doing a write-up and would love to talk to someone who was there. Thanks (jom2 at uchicago dot edu)

Claire said...

I didn't make it! my friend flaked out on me and I didn't want to go alone.