Thursday, January 31, 2008

My Osis.

I have learned more about mitosis, meiosis, stem cells and Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome tonight than in the past four weeks of Human Heredity. Good thing, too, because I have my first mid-term tomorrow--a strange set-up in which we are presented with 5 abstracts (which I've been studying all night) and asked 4 or 5 questions about each one.

I couldn't have made it without Wikipedia. Thank you, people of the world who care enough about genetic processes to educate the masses through an unofficial reference website!

(Although, one contribution about Meiosis seemed a little wacky. Spot the irregularity! "The word "meiosis" comes from the Greek meioun, meaning "to make smaller," since it results in a reduction in chromosome number in the gamete cell. meiosos is sex Meiosis is essential for sexual reproduction and therefore occurs in all eukaryotes (including single-celled organisms) that reproduce sexually.")

This morning, along with Connie, I turned in my Pune application. Which means I'm down to 3/5 applications completed, the other two only lacking a couple of factors (i.e. transcripts, recs) which I fully expect to be taken care of soon.

I assumed that, with the onslaught of my India applications subsiding, I would be able to relax enough to consider the idea of possibly finding the free time to read a book (I owe A. a discussion about Rabbit, Run, this I haven't forgotten.)

Sadly, this won't be possible for at least another week, because:

Monday--Hindi Composition due, Hindi Mid-Term (the same day. Nice.)...work
Tuesday--IS 4-5 pg. paper due about water/oil issues and solutions (i.e. drag a big bag of fresh water through the ocean. Have you heard this one?)
Wednesday--work, ECO
Thursday--Environment & Religion 3-4 pg. paper due about I-don't-know-yet, NSEP interview
Friday--work, collapse

Actually, right now I should be finishing the Hindi homework I didn't finish for today, as well as the assignment that's due tomorrow.

Come on, Uchi. Settle down.

....................

In other news, I had a revelation Monday. That we should be polygamists! (Just kidding.)

But really, my revelation was about how I can start an absolutely new chapter in my life. How I could purge that which I don't need, and end my attachment to feelings that are both inaccurate and destructive. It was supremely peaceful. I was worried the epiphany would end as quickly as I experienced it, but I'm still in the same state of mind. And I'm still peaceful.

I haven't felt this secure--in this area of my life--in quite a while (i.e. eons).

Still a little wavering on the Bio mid-term, though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, i believe thаt i saw you νisited my ωebѕite so i came
to go back the choose?.I'm trying to to find issues to enhance my web site!I guess its ok to make use of a few of your concepts!!

my web site :: http://www.locateabuckettruck.com/
Feel free to surf my web-site - find bucket trucks for sale

Anonymous said...

Most women and a few men that regularly cross their hip and legs, handle lower back pain and are not able to understand why. Traversing and securing your legs is certainly a unnatural position for your personal again, so attempt to avoid crossing hip and legs to stop back problems. Enable your legs to keep in front of you by natural means to relieve muscle mass pressure as well as to maintain suitable positioning. [url=http://www.ss12w12ws.info]Obse8ighve[/url]