Monday, January 14, 2008

I hope someone finds it there.

My roommates are both somewhere else, in the company of someone with whom they have a close, affectionate relationship. I did my homework. I brushed my teeth. I changed clothes and tried to think of a reason to continue being awake... because going to bed alone in my apartment on nights like this is pretty horrible.

There's a song I like by Deb Talan called "Vincent", about Van Gogh. I've been listening to it on repeat. It makes me feel an affinity with Van Gogh. I googled some of his art and remembered how much I like it. Last year I had a "Starry Night over the Rhone" poster hanging beside my bed, but it got damaged in the move to the apartment.

I hate the fact that my walls are still so bare. My goal for this week is to get back to that poster store downtown across from the Art Institute, and get myself a new Van Gogh poster.

2 comments:

Marla ji said...

Last night I made food that was picture- and recipe-worthy for the blog, but I couldn't waste precious time taking likely blurry or washed-out pictures while the deliciousness was getting cold.

I'm bad at this game.

Cat said...

they would not listen...they did not know how...perhaps they'll listen now...

granted, i listened to neil young's rendition, but it's a splendid remake.