Sunday, January 06, 2008

I'm wearing pink.

I'm still tired.

Classes start tomorrow! Yoga, Human Heredity, Hindi, Religion & Environment, and Contemporary Global Issues (Part 2). I went to the bookstore today and my books for the latter two classes look interesting and enriching and etc.

I've decided, by way of not thinking about it directly until it came to me, that I really do want to enter my future by way of Environmental Studies. I was so frustrated with my own existential crises that, for the most part, I put aside my great Anthropology vs. Environment decision for a later time. But then I realized that I think about the environment constantly. It really became obvious once we touched down in Phoenix, walked outside, and the first thing I noticed after the cacti was the grotesque quantity of SUV's.

I just need to stop thinking of my future as a black hole, and start thinking of it as a fantastic opportunity ready to be engineered by my creative and masterful hands. New Year's Resolution #1?

Another resolution I've made is to stop being so fearful of public, and to find myself a more comfortable person there. I'm not sure if I seem fearful, but I am. Of Hindi. Of magnetic people. Of looking a certain way. As a result of this I seem, all too often, serious as all hell. And, eh. I don't feel like it. I resolve to learn public comfort.

I want to sleep, terribly.

No comments: