Monday, November 26, 2007

thanks, connie

1. ONE OF YOUR SCARS, HOW DID YOU GET IT?
Near the top of my right (from my line of view) thigh--I slid down a giant rock in our backyard when I was 4ish. I don't remember why there was a giant rock in our backyard, but it was taken away soon afterward.

2. WHAT IS ON THE WALLS IN YOUR ROOM?
Depressingly, nothing. Most of my posters are ruined from the move and I haven't gotten new ones yet slash plastered it with pictures.

3. WHAT DOES YOUR CELL PHONE LOOK LIKE?
One of those Cingular "go" phones. It's supposed to be temporary but I've had it for like 6 months.

4. WHAT MUSIC DO YOU LISTEN TO?
Lately angry girl music, emotional girl music, Okkervil River and Beck

5. DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME YOU WERE BORN?
I think it was 4:41PM. It was 4:something PM.

6. WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE THAN ANYTHING RIGHT NOW?
To know what I want.

7. WHO DO YOU MISS?
My sister, and a guy I can never have a functional relationship with.

10. WHAT'S YOUR MIDDLE NAME?
Claire

11. THE BEST TV SHOW EVER CREATED:
I'm pretty sure I haven't seen it yet. But if you ask Audrey, Arrested Development.

12. THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO?
The cashier at CVS.

13. DO YOU GET SCARED IN THE DARK?
Sometimes. If I think about ghosts.

14. THE LAST PERSON TO MAKE YOU CRY?
Let's not go there.

15. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE COLOGNE / PERFUME?
Whatever I use. "Life" or something.

16. WHAT KIND OF HAIR/EYE COLOR DO YOU LIKE ON THE OPPOSITE SEX?
The hair should be kind of unkempt somehow. All eyes are nice, really.

17. WOULD YOU RATHER BE SMART OR FUNNY?
Uhh. Smart? I don't know. How smart or how funny? You can be smart and dramatic, but funny alone is sort of a sad catch. In fact, you sort of have to be smart to be funny.

18. COFFEE OR ENERGY DRINKS?
Latte.

19. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PIZZA TOPPING?
Sometimes they'll do tomatoes, which can be good. Or onions.

20. IF YOU CAN EAT ANYTHING RIGHT NOW, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Maybe cold rice pudding.

21. WHO IS THE LAST PERSON YOU MADE MAD?
Um. I don't know. I think I marginally irritated my mom recently.

22. DO YOU SPEAK ANOTHER LANGUAGE?
I try to speak Hindi sometimes. I played with Chinese for a while, was more successful I think.

23. WHAT WAS THE FIRST GIFT SOMEONE EVER GAVE YOU?
My bunny blankey, which was heinously thieved by the bastards at Learn 'N' Play. I'm still inconsolable.

24. DO YOU LIKE SOMEONE?
Yeah, in vein. I also love someone, but that doesn't work either. I fail.

25. ARE YOU DOUBLE JOINTED?
No.

26. FAVORITE CLOTHING BRAND?
The kind without the logo on the clothing.

27. WHAT'S YOUR DREAM CAR?
Prius.

28. WHAT COLOR IS IT?
Um. Silver.

29. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE KIND OF EXERCISE?
Dancing. Bad, bad dancing.

30. WOULD YOU FALL IN LOVE KNOWING THAT THE PERSON IS LEAVING?
No, I would stop myself. wtf? Come on, survey. Clearly rational circumstances have little to do with my feelings.

31. WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO TELL SOMEONE HOW MUCH THEY MEAN TO YOU?
Love them unconditionally.

32. SAY A NUMBER FROM ONE TO A HUNDRED:
49.

33. BLONDES OR BRUNETTES?
Redheads.

34. WHAT IS THE ONE NUMBER YOU CALL OFTEN?
Upekha, maybe. Mostly text, though, because we already live together. And I hate phones.

35. WHAT ANNOYS YOU MOST?
My recent perpetual self-consciousness.

35. HAVE YOU BEEN OUT OF THE U.S.?
Germany. And Canada. And Amsterdam. And Austria, but barely.

36. YOUR WEAKNESSES?
Attractive and intimidating males.

37. TATER TOTS OR FRIES?
Fries. This is stupid.

38. FIRST JOB?
Hastings Public Library, as a page. And I'm still shelving now. Eeugh.

39. EVER PRANK CALLED SOMEONE?
I think I have, in the 14-ish age range at a sleepover, but I doubt I was successful. I've been prank-called, that was more interesting.

40. WHAT WERE YOU DOING BEFORE YOU FILLED OUT THIS?
Practicing Hindi at no one. Then listening to music.

41. IF YOU COULD GET PLASTIC SURGERY WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Um, no. Not ever.

42. WHY DID YOU FILL OUT THIS SURVEY?
I have to fulfill my goal and post something but I have nothing to say right now.

43. WHAT DO YOU GET COMPLIMENTED ABOUT MOST?
People like when I wear my hair down.

44. WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF ALCOHOL BECAME ILLEGAL?
Continue drinking it when available. I mean, it's already illegal for me.

45. WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY?
For you to call. That's it.

46. HOW MANY KIDS DO YOU WANT?
Maybe two or three. Probably more like two.

47. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Not really, but my dad likes to think a great-grandmother Emma and a different one Clara. Really though, a girl in my sister's second-grade class.

48. DO YOU WISH ON STARS?
I don't think so, no. I wish on other stuff sometimes.

49. WHICH FINGER[S] IS YOUR FAVORITE?
Ring, I think. It's pretty & unassuming.

50. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY?
A couple weeks ago-ish. Wasn't a really good cry, though.

51. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Yes, usually.

52. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Tofu.

53. ANY BAD HABITS?
Generally, not caring enough to devote my full attention to things.

54. WHAT IS YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING CD ON THE SHELF?
I have some of the earliest NOW's--before there were like 357. Also a Smash Mouth CD. It's at home, though.

55. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Not lately.

56. HAVE YOU EVER TOLD A SECRET YOU SWORE NOT TO TELL?
Of course.

57. DO LOOKS MATTER?
In terms of attraction, yeah. If there's no chemistry, there's little to be done.

58. HOW DO YOU RELEASE YOUR ANGER?
I grind my teeth. A lot. In my sleep, too. And I get a lot of tension headaches. Not much of a release, if you ask me. Which you did, kind of.

59. WHERE IS YOUR SECOND HOME?
In Michigan.

60. DO YOU TRUST OTHERS EASILY?
No, not really at all.

61. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE TOY AS A CHILD?
I had this lamb. Also one of those glow worm things, I think.

62. HOW MANY NUMBERS ARE IN YOUR CELL PHONE?
I don't know--25?

63. DO YOU USE SARCASM?
OK, seriously.

64. DO YOU KNOW ANYONE FAMOUS?
Mmm, no. I know people who know famous people, though.

65. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN A MOSH PIT?
Yes, at the Flogging Molly show. It was involuntary and painful and sort of terrifying.

66. WHAT DO YOU LOOK FOR IN A GUY/GIRL?
Untapped depth.

67. WHAT ARE YOUR NICKNAMES?
Em, Emmy, Emchen, Emilchen, Emface, Emshum. I guess the "Em" is compulsory.

68. HOW MANY PAIRS OF SHOES DO YOU HAVE?
5, maybe. 6?

69. DO YOU UN-TIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
About half the time.

70. WERE YOU UPSET ABOUT STEVE IRWIN DYING?
Actually, yeah, I really was. I didn't cry or anything, but I was disturbed. It was weird.

71. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR?
French Silk--the chocolate mousse kind, not the coffee one. It's hard to find.

72. ARE YOU LAZY?
Kinda, yeah.

73. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE COLORS?
Deep greens.

74. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BAND?
That's too transitory. I love Okkervil right now.

75. HOW MANY WISDOM TEETH DO YOU HAVE?
All of them. Dental appt next month, I'm not looking forward to being told they need to be removed.

76. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS?
I don't care.

77. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
"For Real" by Okkervil River. Question #74 reminded me.

78. LAST THING YOU ATE?
Granola & milk. Mm, dinner.

79. LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
My mom, who was asking if I've heard from my sister a-freakin'-gain.

80. WHATS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ON THE OPPOSITE SEX?
Probably whether they're noticing me. Or how much they're requiring attention.

81. FAVORITE THOUGHT PROVOKING SONG:
I like most of the Shins' stuff for their lyrics.

82. FAVORITE THING TO HATE:
Critics of global warming.

83. FAVORITE DRINK:
Tea.

84. FAVORITE ZODIAC SIGN
I like mine--Sagittarius. It's like a centaur with a bow and arrow. Pretty badass.

85. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SPORT?
I miss volleyball, kind of.

86. WHAT IS YOUR HAIR COLOR?
"Dirty" blonde.

87. EYE COLOR?
Green.

88. DO YOU WEAR GLASSES?
Recently, because of my myriad eye issues.

89. SIBLINGS?
John & Gina.

90. FAVORITE MONTH(s)
I usually like March, and June, and October. Sometimes December.

91. DO YOU LIKE SUSHI?
Yes.

92. LAST THING YOU WATCHED?
Manhattan Murder Mystery.

93. FAVORITE DAY OF THE YEAR?
I'm fond of the new year. Sometimes I really like Halloween.

94. ARE YOU TOO SHY TO ASK SOMEONE OUT?
I don't know--I usually just let the other person lead this part and act according to how I feel. I should become assertive. There's my problem!

95. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Autumn.

96. KISSES OR HUGS?
Kisses.

97. RELATIONSHIPS OR ONE-NIGHT STANDS?
The former.

98. WHO IS THE MOST LIKELY TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS?
No one. I don't know.

99. WHO IS THE LEAST LIKELY TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS?
BLaah.

100. Create your own question! (Oo, so interactive!)

WHAT DO YOU WANT TO TELL SOMEONE RIGHT NOW?
Don't lose me. Don't put me where you won't find me again.

101. IS ANYONE IN LOVE WITH YOU?
No indeeeed.

3 comments:

Upekha said...

I like your hair up too.

Upekha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Upekha said...

Also, I only deleted it because it doubled my comment, not because I said something scandalous that had to be censored. Which is what "This post has been removed by the author" makes it look like.
I wish I was that exciting.