Monday, November 19, 2007

Express Yo'self

So,

for anyone (un)fortunate enough to tune into my life/blog between the hours of 4:45PM 11/18/07 and 12:00PM 11/19/07, you now know about my Mess. Congratulations. I figured it would be short-lived, and decided to remove the post today when I asked Connie where it fell on a scale of one-to-ten from Too Open to Way, Way, Far Too Open and she gave it a seven.

Oh, I'm wild.

In other news, last night I went to A's dorm to paint with her and Kyle. I needed to do something like that, or I would have Expressed Myself some other, less intelligent way. Like painting my ceiling black.

K. had a lovely set of canvases, and a lovely set of tempera paints. He covered the floor with The Maroon and an old Newsweek full of adverts for drugs--("Do you ever feel sad? Lonely?" beside a frowning white blob)--and put on painting music. Which was Caribou. Terrific painting music.

The only thing I felt like painting was a dog eating itself. So I did. Remarkably therapeutic.





In other news, I've decided I need Goals and Projects to help with the lack of inspiration I feel in my life. My first Goal is to write daily for a month. We'll see if it works/helps.

My computer's about to die and I'm battery-less, so I suppose that's all for now.

No comments: