Monday, April 14, 2008

Writing isn't considered procrastination, right?

Yeah. So I'm a little bit ADD. So I can't make it through a paragraph of John Rawls without lifting my eyes to stare at the cupboard and fantasize about Indian cupboards. So I've watched way too many episodes of Arrested Development today. So I still don't have an idea for my response due tomorrow at 7pm (I just agree with Rawls, OK?)

I completely embody that state of being where I'm so disinterested that I don't even feel worry. Relevant things just don't feel relevant to my life right now. It's like when I was in 9th grade, only I'm in the right place now. Societies collapse, yes. But the rest of this year is going to be so exciting! Also, how did it become 3rd Week? Like, whoa.

We had a party on Saturday. It was good, I think. Actually, no, I know, because I didn't get drunk (unlike the last one) and so I spent some disembodied-feeling time just watching people interact and consoling some emotionally intoxicated friends and appreciating my own taste in music. People mostly stick to their groups, but it's interesting to see the ones who drift into new groups, and the unlikely pairs that bunker down in a corner to have an intense conversation. It's also weird to see the couple of loners I don't remotely recognize, in my apartment, mixing white Russians and scanning my bookshelf. A few people were still around when I went to bed at about 3AM. The next morning things were clear and sunny (did I mention I didn't get drunk? I love mornings like that) and the apartment was surprisingly clean. No spills or vomit. We have reigned-in friends. Success.

Also, a couple people mentioned my blog, which was super-weird. Mostly because neither of them have read it, and it was like, "I heard you have an intense blog," which, I mean, how do you respond? This makes me wonder if more than like, three people read this. (I can see you all, lurking).

But more than likely it was just A. referring to it for whatever reason.

My weeks have been sort of vaguely boring without being bad. Lots of e-mail checking going on. This quarter is mainly divorced from the angsty loneliness I wallowed in (publicly? maybe) over the last two quarters. I'm back to being OK with being The Alone-ist of the Alone. To be honest, I don't even know if I could deal with a relationship. Once in 7th grade, I "went out" with this 8th grader for a week--someone I'd had a crush on for months, mind you--and grew annoyed by his nightly calls by about the 2nd day. I think I'm still kinda like that. I'd prefer to think of myself as some sort of loner superhero or something. Superheroes are always loners. I should get on that saving-people thing.

It's 12:34AM which means a) it's a very special time, numbers-wise, and b) I'm going to be upset with myself when I'm alarmed awake circa 8AM.

No comments: