Sunday, April 20, 2008

adrenaline dreams.

Last night I dreamt I was escaping from jail--only I was actually escaping en route from an old jail to a new jail. I was on a train, and was fleeing with 3 others. We had to jump into a patch of tall grass that was growing alongside the tracks, and stay down as the rest of the train went past. Then we had to make our way through a small Vermont town with bicyclists and little toddling cars--the dream felt antiquated, like maybe it was taking place in the 20's or 30's. Eventually we were caught.

I really liked that dream. Not because it was fun, exactly--it was actually really stressful--but because it was terrifying and liberating at the same time. In the dream, I was very in-the-moment. There was adrenaline.

The night before I had a dream that I got to go to Africa. I was working on a research project, but things were getting ominous. There were seedy characters with questionable motivations. Tropical diseases were caught.

But I was also very satisfied when I woke up. Both dreams had dark underlying plots, but they were also vivid in imagery and sensation, and involved me walking in a direction, unsure where I was going. But I knew I was going somewhere completely new.

Not exactly hard to interpret, I guess.

No comments: