Tuesday, June 23, 2009

South Bent

I have been here, in South Bend, a couple of nights. I am living in an eerily empty Bed and Breakfast with last-century's moth-eaten baby clothes and black and white photos of serious mustachioed men displayed in the halls. Notes:

1) I still have not met the owner of the bed and breakfast. My key was in an envelope in a bureau--I was told it would be there before I came. I walk through the house several times a day; there is almost never anyone around. It is silent. Silent and full of baby clothes. That said, it's really nice. The architecture is lovely--the furniture is antique. And it smells floral. This contributes a bit to the eeriness.

2) Tomorrow I am going to a theatrical production of "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie"

3) Sometime in the next week I may or may not be going to a theatrical production of "High School Musical"

4) Toward the end of my internship I have to go... wait for it... to a "professional" wrestling match.

5) My hours are going to be weird--I have tomorrow morning off (sleeping in = YES), but I have to go in to work straight after the play to write up an immediate review for the web. My editor said to budget about four hours for reviews which means I won't get home until midnight.

6) I am to Part II of The Brothers Karamazov.

No comments: