Sunday, June 07, 2009

Deletion.

Last night when T. and I made ourselves tea and Korean Ramen noodles and sat down in anticipation to watch John Adams, we were disappointed to find that it wouldn't play. It would get stuck over and over in different places. We were not to learn of John Adams' illustrious accomplishments.

When I closed the program and checked my disc space, I found, to my horror, that my C drive had almost no free space. My computer is overloaded with crap. I deleted fully 4 GB out of my Recycle Bin (ridiculous, I know) and cleared my Temporary Internet Files, etc. Still, as it stands, my computer has only 8.16 GB of free space, out of a total of 73 GB. I have a billion photos and a billion songs, and I need to clear some things.

The casualties:

1. Antony and the Johnsons.
2. Beth Orton.
3. British Sea Power. (But only The Decline of British Sea Power; I'm keeping Open Season until further notice.)
4. Carla Bruni.
5. Desmond Dekker.
6. Justin Timberlake. (Actually I didn't know I had Justin Timberlake.)
7. Mariza.
8. Pavement. (Another thing I don't listen to but must have assumed I would, at some point.)
9. TV on the Radio. (It just hasn't taken.)
10. Manu Chao. (Clandestino filled a niche first year. But I never want to listen to it again.)

And with that, I still have less than 10 GB free. I am perplexed.

At least my life is a little less cluttered now?

No comments: