Sunday, June 06, 2010

Summer Reading.*

Although of Course You End Up Becoming Yourself - (Conversations between) David Foster Wallace and David Lipsky [almost finished]

The Color of Magic - Terry Pratchett**

And Then There Were None - Agatha Christie**

The Adventures of Augie March - Saul Bellow

Freedom - Jonathon Franzen

Fortress of Solitude - Jonathon Lethem

* * *

I've also been eyeing DFW's "Infinite Jest," but that would take serious dedication. Jared Diamond's "Guns, Germs, and Steel" is a possibility. I have some intense Russians on my shelf, but just now doesn't seem like the time for that. Could work on my Updike by moving onto "Rabbit is Rich." Thinking about maybe a Marquez too.

If anyone has recommendations, I'll take them.

------
*Subject to (many) additions and alterations
**As recommended (insisted upon?) by F.

3 comments:

Liz said...

I just finished Milan Kundera's "The Unbearable Lightness of Being." It was a pretty quick read and thought-provoking, too, which is always nice. Good luck reading!

Claire said...

Thanks. I've always been intrigued by that one, if only for the title... I'll look into it. :)

Mark said...

I didn't get far in GG&S; seemed vapid. One of those excellent pamphlet sized ideas expanded to book size to make a million on Oprah's list, and I'm sure it has.

Just read a few reviews. Not first, but instead.