Thursday, June 21, 2007

oh what a world

The past week has been fatiguing. I have experienced a myriad of emotional and physical sensations.

I have felt nothing like myself. I have been silent. I have drunk way too much red wine. I have consequently vomited. I have been on an airplane. I have walked in the Pacific. I had been sunburned, twice. I have felt hideously ugly and uncharacteristically withdrawn. I have been talked at for several hours by complete strangers as I sat and thought. I have lied. I have willingly paid for and walked through a wax museum. I have been utterly drenched by a sudden rainstorm. I have helped make gnocchi from scratch. I have watched someone get his ears pierced, and chosen the color of his studs. I have eaten a crepe. I have walked through a Japanese zen garden, drunk Turkish coffee, and felt oddly and desperately comforted by a 7-11. I have watched a movie in 3-D, learned the capital of Sierra Leone, and eaten bowl upon bowl of ice cream without hesitation. I have followed barking until I saw sea lions.

I feel better now. Life is strange. Experience is good. I have things to do.

No comments: